Watch a tour of Goally here!
What is Goally?
Watch a tour of Goally here!
How does Goally work?
When you sign up for a Goally account, you get access to all of Goally apps on our distraction-free tablet AND the Goally Care Team App (for parents + clinicians to download on their own phone). Anything that happens on you kid's Goally is completely controlled by the parent (Care Team) app.
Can I download Goally as just an app on my own device?
No, not if you want full Goally functionality. Here's why: iOS and Android security / privacy controls prevent us from implementing a lot of the night control features (like turning Goally into a night light & sound machine) when you're only using the app. We recommend only using Goally as an app as a back-up.
We also put Goally's apps on distraction-free tablets because kids learn best when they can't get on YouTube, social media, or the web.
For current app-only users: we are phasing out support for Goally as an app on non-Goally tablets. We recommend getting a tablet (see next FAQ!).
Does each child need their own Tablet?
Yes. Each Tablet shows only one kid's profile. Goally was meant to be customized for each child's individual goals. Their individual progress is tracked in the Parent app. We offer a discount for every additional kid you add to your plan. Instead of $19/mo, it's only $7/mo for each addition. You can also purchase our refurbished devices for a more affordable option.
How do I order a dedicated tablet?
Our Goally dedicated tablets are free of distractions, like web browsers or social media - you’ll know exactly what your kiddo is up to 😉
Select your device HERE. Choose your apps plan, type in your shipping and billing info, and your Goally will ship in 5-7 business days!
I'm a Provider looking to purchase for a family... what's the process?
Please order from the perspective of the parent. You can uncheck "billing same as shipping," and then the invoice will be sent to the email address included as the billing email address.
How do I log in to the Parent App?
1. Download Goally Care Team App from your App store
2. Click “Get started”
3. Click “I’m a customer”
4. Sign in with Apple, Google, your email, or a text (Apple, and Google will log you right in, but if you chose email or text, type in either, and wait for the code)
5. Type in the code, and the app will log you in!
How do I log in to (or "Pair") my kid's Goally?
Turn on your Dedicated Goally Tablet.
After you watch the tutorial videos, you’ll notice that Goally’s home screen says “Poppy.” This is our Demo Profile. It’s meant to show you how Goally works before you even login, or “pair,” your Goally to your Goally Care Team App. You’ll notice we have a few demo routines & rewards for you to look at.
If you have a Goally subscription, that means you can log in directly on your Goally! Just tap "Login" and follow the instructions. You’ll be asked to sign in with your email or text, just like you do to log in to the Care Team App.
Once you’re logged in, you should see your child’s name on the Home screen! Now, any changes you make from the Parent App, like making new routines & building rewards, will show up on your Goally.
How does Goally coaching work?
We care SO much about making sure Goally works for YOUR kid that we offer FREE parent coaching for your entire first month.
Learn more about our Parent coaching href="https://getgoally.com/parents-neurodiverse/goally-parent-coaching/">HERE!
How do I book a coaching call?
Book one HERE! They're free for the first 30 days of your subscription.
How do I cancel or reschedule a coaching call?
Life happens. If something comes up & you need to reschedule, NO problem. You should have a received a confirmation email from Calendly about your upcoming call. Just search your email inbox & scroll to the bottom to cancel or reschedule the evert.
*PLEASE NOTE:* if you simply decline the event from your google calendar, we might not see it in time to give your slot to another family. That’s why we recommend cancelling through the Calendly email!
How do I add care team members?
1. Open and login to the Parent app (3 little penguins)
2. Tap the “Manage Care Team” tile at the bottom of the home page
3. Tap the little plus sign in the corner and tap “Invite Care Team”
4. Add name and relationship (like nanny or therapist)
5. Then add their phone number (to text with a link)
6. After you press “Send the Invite” that individual will get a text with a link to download the Goally Parent app and a secret login code to connect to your kiddo’s account.
Having trouble sending the link? Or your member isn’t receiving it? No worries, we have a second option to join the team using a Secret Code!
1. You’ll follow the same directions above, but instead of entering the phone number, you’ll tap at the bottom “I don’t know it so we’ll go the hard way” and the app will give you a secret code.
2. As the parent, you will share this code with your family member/therapist. You can text it to them, email it to them, or give em a call!
3. Once they download the Parent app, they can enter this secret code into the app and join your kiddo’s Care Team!
Does Goally need to stay on wifi?
Nope! But Goally does work best when connected. There are a few apps that only work while on wifi.
If you make changes from the Care Team App, connect Goally to the internet to see your changes reflected.
To Connect to Wifi...
1. Tap the ‘the ‘gear’ in top right corner
2. Tap ‘wifi’
3. Enter the secret adult code (Don’t worry, we have to google these ourselves, too! 😂)
4. Tap ‘let’s connect’
5. And it will redirect you to the device’s wifi settings area
6. Follow the same steps to select your wifi network and enter the password
7. Once the wifi network connects, you’ll be automatically rerouted back to our locked Goally homepage
How can I customize Goally for older kids and teens?
Here are some tips:
1. Get your kid involved in customizing their own Goally routines & rewards. Have THEM take the pics & choose the sounds in Goally.
2. Use real pictures and videos in the app.
3. Change or lower the voice aids.
4. Get your child's friends involved. Turn a group activity into a routine, like baking or learning a game.
Is there an onboarding video I can watch?
For sure! Here's a video covering the basics👇
How do I get to "Deep Space" in Game Garage?
Your kids can unlock MORE games (through "Deep Space") once they've used Goally for 60 days! Encourage them to stay consistent with their routines so they can unlock new games (including "Stack the Pancakes," "Pop the Bug," & "Hungry Frog") within a few months.
Can kids watch Word Lab lessons multiple times?
Yes! & they'll earn up to 5 stars (1 star per play!) to encourage repetition. The more times they watch a Word Lab lesson, the faster they'll learn the word!
My weather app isn't showing the right info! How do I change the location?
No problem! Just open your Care Team app and go to Settings -> "My Account." Make sure the address is correct! You should also make sure the address is correct under "[Your Child]'s profile."
How does Goally's reward system work?
Here are the steps to creating rewards in Care Team App:
1. From the Goally Care Team App Dashboard, click “Behavior”
2. Click “Rewards”
3. Click the lil’ “+” circle at the bottom right>Create New
4. Type in your reward name, and customize.
5. Click “Save.”
We recommend creating many rewards of different sizes that your kiddo loves. For Example: One family created small rewards, like snacks & screen-time for 50 points, to a Chuck E. Cheese outing for 1000 points.
We recommend giving one immediate reward equal to one complete routine. Ex: Finishing routine gives 50, reward costs 50
We recommend a BIG reward that takes a month to get Ex: Chuck E. Cheese’s outing Let’s go over How to Help Kids Earn Points:
When kiddos finish routines on time, this helps them get more points upon completion. Within the Behaviors section from the Dashboard, there’s a place called “The Rules:” you can create “rules” that give or take away points depending on which behaviors you want to continue, or you want to stop.
Now we’ll share more on Redeeming Points...
Within the Rewards App:
kids choose between small, medium, and large rewards that parents create in the Care Team App. For example: Some families choose Screen Time as a small reward, New Toys as a medium reward, and a Paint Night for a large reward.
Within Game Garage:
Kids can also exchange points for time in Goally’s Game Center & outfits for Petey the Penguin!
Here are some Pro Tips on Strategy:
1. Reward encouragement throughout the month. Ex: You’re that much closer to Chuck E. Cheese’s, keep it up! 2. Some examples of reward for older kids are things they enjoy; some could be the Movie Theater, Trips, and more allowance. 3. Keep encouraging and reminding your kiddos of their reward, and then please share some of your Reward wins with us on Social!
How Do I Exit Goally's Night Light (Sleep Mode)?
Just hold down the "x" in the top right corner on Goally and input your super secret pin!
What is AAC?
AAC stands for augmentative and alternative communication. This includes all types of communication methods that assist or replace verbal output. Goally's Talker app is a form of AAC to help kiddos with limited verbal speech communicate.
How do I set up Goally's AAC?
From Goally's Care Team (or "Parent") app, navigate to language learning apps-> AAC. The app will walk you through choosing a voice and setting it up in under 2 minutes!
How do I use AAC for nonverbal Autism?
There are a few ways you can support your autistic kiddo as they start using our AAC Talker app!
As a parent, YOU can model language on your kiddo’s Talker. This helps reinforce alternative methods of communication, makes your kiddo feel more comfortable using their device to communicate, and allows you as a parent to also learn your kiddo’s new language ;) You can model language on your kiddo’s device OR download the Kid app (aka Goally Therapy Suite) on your phone and use it there - don’t worry the Talker settings will be the same!
TIP #1: Just start, and start small! As you’re verbally producing your sentence, you can pick symbols that match your message. This is called aided language modeling and supports participation and use of AAC.
TIP #2: Use the “Give a Hint” function on the Parent app (aka Goally Care Team app). If your kiddo (or you as a parent) can’t find the word you’re looking for, you can:
1. Open the Parent app
2. Tap “Language”
3. Search the word and press the green arrow
4. Tap the word and click on the “+” sign to tap “Give a Hint”
5. Then check your kiddo’s Goally device and it will guide them to the word WordLab
TIP #3: Use Word Lab. All kiddos can use more language support, which is exactly why we created the WordLab language learning app! In WordLab, Penny the Scientist teaches kiddos their core words using videos, guided teaching, sound production support, and guided learning to help with independence!
How do I add words to my Talker?
Our Talker app comes with a pre-programmed set of words. You’ll notice that not every word we have available for you to add is on Goally at the start. We have a dictionary of about 3300 words and variations for you to choose from!
To Add More Words from Goally's Dictionary...
1. Open your Parent
2. Tap "Language Apps" -> AAC Talker
3. In the Search bar, type in your word (ex: happy) and tap the green arrow
4. Click on the word
5. Toggle on "[Child's name] Dictionary"
6. You should now be able to find it on your kiddo's Talker
How to Add Custom Folders:
You can add custom words to any of the folders found within the Talker, or even within your own NEW folder, as well! Many families will create a folder called “[Child’s Name]’s Words” for things their child specifically loves.
How To Add New, Custom Words:
What about adding people’s names or specific places? We got you! Creating a brand new word is easy.
1. Open the Parent app
2. Tap "Language Apps" -> "AAC Talker"
3. Tap the + sign in the bottom right corner
4. Tap "Add Word"
5. Type the word [ex: Goally]
6. Choose a folder (it will give you options) and part of speech
7. Add a picture
8. Tap "Save"
Why can’t I change my home screen?
One thing you may notice is that you CAN’T add or change the words on the home screen. That’s because these are what we call CORE words. Core words, or high frequency words, are the most frequently used words because they are the basic building blocks of language and help express wants and needs. It’s important that your child has access to these words that they’ll use the most often in a wide variety of situations as soon as they open their Talker. Another reason you can’t change the location of these words is because Word Lab teaches your kids where these words are on Goally’s talker through motor planning and interactive practice. If you change it, they’ll be practicing tapping the word in Word Lab in a different location than it is on their AAC!
Don’t forget to check out our other video about using Goally’s Talker to support communication of your nonverbal or minimally verbal kiddos above 👆
How long does shipping take?
Standard US shipping takes an estimated 7 business days. International shipping takes an estimated 2 business weeks.
How much does shipping cost?
Standard shipping within the United States is free & included within the Goally purchase, international shipping costs $50.00.
How does returning my tablet work?
Just print & fill out our simple return form to include in your package. Then ship your Goally device back to us at 3000 Lawrence St, Denver, CO 80205. Please note that we do not cover the cost of shipping a device back.
Shipping will process a return (Which includes confirmation of arrival & appropriate following action) within approximately 1 week of receiving it.
My app's not working! What do I do?
1. Logging in & logging out
2. Uninstalling & reinstalling the app (this just means deleting the app off your device and redownloading it!)
3. Disconnecting/reconnecting to wifi (Trying a different wifi is often helpful, too!)
4. Turning off and on your device.
5. If you have another device available, try downloading the app on it to see if the same problem occurs. You can login on multiple devices!
My Tablet's not working... What do I do?
1. Powering on/Powering off
2. Unpair (“logout of”) your device and repair ( “login”). To do this, make sure your device is connected to wifi. Then open the Care Team app and navigate to settings-> scroll all the way down to “[Your kiddo’s] Devices”. Select the dedicated device and scroll ALL the way down to “Unpair Device." Your device should reset to our demo mode profile named “Poppy!” To log back in, just tap “Customize” and follow the instructions.
3. Make sure your Goally has the latest update. On the Goally device, go to Settings-> About-> “Check For Updates.” Make sure you’re connected to wifi so it can receive any updates it needs to.
4. Try disconnecting and reconnecting from wifi. You can do this by turning the wifi off/on, or by “forgetting” the network and then reconnecting.
Why won't my tablet charge?
Make sure your device is plugged in ALL the way. Also, try different outlets to make sure the outlet you’re charging from is working.
How do I get my Goally back into distraction-free mode?
Did your kid jailbreak your dedicated device? DON’T PANIC. Just tap the penguin app icon. This should knock your Goally back into a dedicated state. 😁
Pro tip: In the future, you can hide the settings (gear) icon on Goally so your kiddo has no chance of jailbreaking it again! To do this:
1. Open the Care Team app
2. Navigate to settings-> scroll all the way down to “[Your kiddo’s] Devices”.
3. Tap your dedicated device and toggle “Modify Settings” to OFF.
How long should by Goally battery last?
Our tablet is small so it can be portable, which means it's got a bit of a smaller battery. If you're running Goally routines consistently, our dedicated tablet will last around 5 hours. If Goally's not being used during the day, our tablet's designed to last from morning to night while sitting idle before needing to be plugged in again.
Turning your brightness down to less than 50% will help conserve the battery a lot. You can also get a portable charger that may help when taking Goally on the fly.
How do I order a Goally Tablet replacement?
You can order a new tablet HERE. Once you select your tablet & apps plan, you can change the quantity of your apps subscription to "0." Then you'll be able to checkout with just the new tablet in your cart!